How to identify fake and shoddy seamless steel pipes?
author: Baolai Steel Pipes
Identifying fake and shoddy seamless steel pipes can be a challenging task, but there are several methods to look out for. It is important to pay attention to the surface of the steel pipe as well as its composition to ensure its durability and strength. Here are some tips to identify fake and shoddy seamless steel pipes.
- Firstly, fake and shoddy steel pipes are prone to folding, which is a variety of fold lines formed on the surface of the steel pipe. This defect often runs through the longitudinal direction of the entire product. The reason for the folding is that counterfeit and inferior manufacturers pursue high efficiency and the excessive reduction often results in ears. The folded product can crack after bending and its strength can drop significantly.
- Secondly, fake and inferior steel pipes often have pockmarks on the surface. The pockmarked surface is an irregular unevenness on the surface of the steel due to serious wear of the rolling groove. This defect occurs when the groove rolling exceeds the standard and the packaging is relatively loose.
- Thirdly, the surfaces of fake and inferior steel pipes are prone to scarring. There are two main reasons for scarring: inferior steel pipes have uneven material and contain many impurities, and the guides and guards of fake and inferior material manufacturers are poorly equipped and easy to stick to steel. These impurities are easy to produce scarring after biting the roll.
- Fourthly, cracks are also easy to occur on the surface of fake and inferior materials. This is usually because the billet is adobe, and the adobe has many pores. During the cooling process, the adobe is subjected to thermal stress, causing cracks, which are visible on the surface of the steel after rolling.
- Moreover, fake and inferior steel pipes are also easy to scratch. This is usually because the manufacturers of these steel pipes use poor equipment, which is prone to burrs and scratches on the surface of the steel. Deep scratches can significantly reduce the strength of the steel.
- It is also worth noting that fake and inferior seamless steel pipes often don't have a metallic luster and are light red or similar to pig iron. Furthermore, the transverse ribs of fake and inferior steel pipes are thin and low, and the phenomenon of insufficient filling often occurs. The cross-section of fake and inferior steel pipes is also elliptical due to excessive reduction.
- The composition of high-quality steel is uniform, and its tonnage of the cold shearing machine is high, with a smooth and neat cutting head. However, due to the poor quality of fake and inferior materials, the end face of the cutting head often has the phenomenon of meat loss, which is unevenness and no metallic luster.
In summary, identifying fake and shoddy seamless tubes/ smls pipes requires attention to surface defects, weight, and composition. Checking for folding, pockmarks, scarring, cracks, scratches, metallic luster, rib filling, cross-section shape, and accurate weight can help ensure the quality of the steel pipes. Additionally, high-quality seamless tubes usually have standardized trademarks and printing, which can be checked for validation. Knowing these tips for identifying seamless steel tubes, you can find a more reliable seamless steel pipes manufacturer.
- ASTM A500 Steel Pipes (A500 Tubes) - Overview, Specifications, and Applications 2023-09-21 5
- ERW Pipe A Comprehensive Overview 2023-09-19 14
- Components and Advantages of Fire Sprinkler System 2023-09-18 19
- Cold Drawn Seamless Tubes: The Superior Choice for Precision Engineering 2023-09-15 49
- Crucial Components of the Oil and Gas Industry-OCTG seamless steel pipe 2023-09-04 100
- PPGI Steel Coil: The Best Choice for Your Construction Needs 2023-08-31 105
- Boiler Steel Tube: The Key to Efficient and Effective Boiler Operation 2023-08-30 46
- Overview on OCTG Tubing and casing seamless steel pipes 2023-08-28 128
- UL852 Fire Sprinkler Pipes: Ensuring Safety and Reliability 2023-08-09 199
- Baolai Steel Group is joining 2023 Tube China from Jun14 to Jun16 2023-06-12 204
- BAOLAI joined the Big 5 Saudi Conference as and exhibitor during Feb 18- 21, 2023. 2023-03-28 483
- BAOLAI was invited to Jinghai District Hardware and Building Materials Industry Opening International Market Conference 2023-03-28 487
- Directly visit the FM certification site of Baolai Steel Industry Group 2023-03-28 453